Project Manager Position
Morgan / Harbour is seeking candidates for the role of Project Manager. To be successful, you must be a hard worker, a quick learner and thinker and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done and satisfy our clients. Additional job description requirements:
- A leader that assumes total responsibility for a project from inception through close out.
- A team player that works well with others and can effectively take direction as well as direct and manage others.
- Customer satisfaction is everything, therefore candidate must be a personable individual with good people skills.
- Interact with clients, architects, engineers and local municipalities to understand and incorporate project objectives, schedules, permits, costs, etc.
- Prepare detailed job schedules; an understanding of MS Project important.
- Be able to perform quantity take-offs for select trades. Utilizing on-screen take off software is a positive.
- Itemize trade specific scopes and prepare bid packages.
- Solicit, qualify and level subcontractors' proposals according to project specifics.
- Negotiate and issue purchase orders and contracts.
- Price and present change orders.
- Utilize project management tools to track project costs.
- Run project team meetings and assist with managing subcontractor performance.
- Assist with the payment requisition process.
- Project administration and communications (RFIs, submittals, meeting minutes, progress billing, logs & reports).
- Continually marketing the company and looking for future opportunities to grow the business.
- 2 - 5 years of relevant construction experience.
- 4 year degree in Construction Management or Engineering or related major preferred.
- Knowledge of industry practices and procedures and market trends.
- Dedicated, well organized, able to plan, prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Detailed oriented with the ability to focus on quality, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficient with MS Office.
- Maintain professionalism under stressful conditions.
- Excellent leadership, personable, communication and written skills.
- Ability to interact, develop and maintain a positive professional relationship with all levels of personnel.
- Meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning.
Please send a cover letter, resume, salary history and requirements in complete confidence to email@example.com